What is an enflamed left ventricle

Posted , 2 users are following.

i just had a lab test that points to an inflamed left ventricle. I am 65 years old,female. They asked me for another blood test as they said the last one could have been a false positive. I just went this morning so I assume results may be ready by Friday or Monday. All I can find is that it may mean an enlarged heart, not good. I do have high BP and diabetes, both if which I am on medication for. Does anyone have any knowledge of what an inflamed left ventricle could mean? I know I had an icschemic heart attack many years ago but they did I not seem concerned about it. 

Thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you have as usual been left worrying about test results, it's true what they said though it can be a false positive so try to be positive till your next results come through.

• Posted

No, no children unfortunately. But I say nothing. They have enough on their plates. God has always been with us. There have been times tears come but I reach way down and find strength God always puts there. I admit to being worn out. Getting around with a walker and being a caregiver is hard. But my husband was so sick I wouldn't have it any other way. Friends and family have run for the hills but they all have their own problems too so I won't judge them. God is good all the time. All the time God is good. smile
    • Posted

I believe that we are only given the burdens he thinks we are capable of surviving, you have just been given more than your share.

Hope your strength is enough to see you all through, are you UK based

• Posted

No, I am in the US. Healthcare is so expensive over here. We will soon be on Medicare which Obama screwed up. So paying for things will be hard. But first, we have to see if I do have a problem. So, I won't borrow trouble. smile
  • Posted

Just read this and as you said you have high bp maybe that's the cause.

High blood pressure (hypertension). This is the most common cause of left ventricular hypertrophy. More than one-third of people show evidence of left ventricular hypertrophy at the time of their diagnosis with hypertension.

• Posted

I have had high BP for a long time and take Meds for it. I recently had a hip and knee replacement also due to a fall off a ladder many years ago. I had 2 surgeries on my leg before that. I am also on insulin for my Type 2 diabetes.

Our only child, who is 35, has had 5 brain surgeries due to a benign tumor. Then, in February, we found out my husband has Cancer. I was caregiver to them both and admit it was exhausting. But my son's wife would come straight home from work plus be here all weekend. Now it looks like he may have another one.so stress may be my problem too. We are grateful to God my husband is in remission right now.

So, we wait for MY results. We are good at waiting. smile

Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

My prayers go out not only to you but your whole family, you have had more than your share of sh## thrown at you all.

I'm always about to chat if you need to.

Does your son have children.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.