What is best treatment for back pain and neck pain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Everyone catches a stiff back or neck at least once in their lifetime which might happen due to a wrong posture while sleeping or it might be at the end of a hectic workday. Some of the following neck pain and lower back pain solutions provide pain relief to such people:

Acupuncture: Acupuncture is widely understood to be a non-traditional treatment option for back pain or neck pain in which metallic needles are inserted into the body to relieve pain.

Hot and Cold Therapy: Alternatively icing and heating help in pain relief as ice reduces swelling and inflammation while heat increases the flow of blood which helps in muscle spasms relaxation.

Exercise/Physical Therapy: Exercises for back and neck pain is integral to provide back and neck pain treatment. Sometimes these physical therapies are the preamble of treatment and provide a platform for post-surgery rehabilitation. Gentle exercise for back and neck plays an eminent role in the reduction of pain.

If any of the above mentioned neck pain and lower back pain solutions cause an increase in pain, extending of pain to the arms or legs, or you feel weakness in the arms or legs, then discontinue the therapy and seek the advice of a therapist or a physician.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think physical therapy/exercise is the best treatment for all pain like lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, arm pain, leg pain. It reduces the pain, strengthens the back muscles. If you want to long-term pain reduction then Low impact aerobics are important. There are many options available, such as walking, bicycling swimming or water therapy. 
  • Posted

I would recommend Chiropractic treatment as well as the above. I also think heat and ice is really good and my chiropractor tells me what and how long to heat/ice.  I currently seeing my chiropractor for unknown acute low back, pelvis, leg and neck pain. However Chiropractic's is not just for when you get back pain, you should have a check up like you would at the doctors. Spinal health is really important as my chiropractor says, "you only have one spine and they don't do transplants so you need yo look after it". Chiropractic isn't just about having your back cracked, its deep tissue work, sinus massage, specific exercises for the pain you are experiencing and so so much more. Every week my chiropractor seems to do a new thing and I'm amazed at how much she can do. its amazing how much she feels and she know when I'm in pain before I do. I always feel better after my treatments. I can move so much more than before I went. Because I'm am having quite serious problems with my back I'm on crutches and always at about an 8 on the pain scale even with meds. my chiropractor has got me from 90* to standing up straight within 5 sessions. i know its not for everyone but i would give it ago at least once in your life.

• Posted

Here are some simple best options for overcoming and preventing back pain that will help keep you in good shape and pain free:

POSTURE

SLEEP BETTER

EXERCISE

STRETCH

MEDITATION

YOGA

THERAPY

MASSAGE

Apply these options in your daily life, you will get relief from back pain that keep you in a better shape and pain free body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.