What is biting me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Every year one of my children and I will get bites.. We normally wake up and notice the bite. It will tend to be a single bite that looks like a flat blister, no obvious bite mark and is incredibly itchy. If there is another bite it will tend to be in a completely different area, sometimes under clothes Every year we treat the house for fleas and bedbugs but have never seen evidence of either. Ive considered a mosquito but why would it live in my house - we are not close to a river and how would it bite underneath nightclothes? image

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ant bites

• Posted

Hmmmm? Im not sure. We dont have any ants in the house - Ive not noticed any nests in the garden - and my husband works in the garden all day and doesnt get bitten. I also only notice new ones in the morning - do ants anaesthetise?

• Posted

You dont have to live close to a river to get mosquitoes. The larvae can multiply in a very small amount of stagnant water.Spray the room before you go to bed and spray yourselves...but with 2 different sprays of course.

Any mosquitoes around will home in on a warm body,especially one that is still and sound asleep.

• Posted

i did think mossies, but can they bite through clothes and would they, if there is other exposed skin to bite instead?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.