What is blo

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi -

I'm trying to figure out what is causing my the blockage of my nasal passage.

Here's some quick background:

-Bad sinuses all my life, have repeated sinus infections throughout the year. Had tubes in my ears as a kid

-August 15, 2018 - had a septoturbinoplasty (turbinates look good. But my septum was overcorrected and I couldn't breathe out of my right side)

-November 28, 2018 - had revision septoplasty. This pushed my septum back towards the middle some more. My septum is still a pushed to the right though

-March 25, 2019 - Latera Spirox put in on right side for "nasal valve collapse" - seems to help some, but airflow still block on right side.

I still cannot breathe that well out of my right nostril. In the pics below you can see there's cartilage blocking airflow on my right side (and it's also pushed up next to my septum). It's been causing me a lot of ear pain as I can't fully "clear my right ear" and feels like there's more pressure in it.

Is my obstruction from the lower or upper lateral cartilage? Can a rhinoplasty fix this? I included pics of my left side - which looks great. And my right side, where you can see the blockage.

Thanks,

-Zach

imageimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Title should be: "What is blocking my nasal passage on my right side?"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.