What is causing terrible sinus and head pressure?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been dealing with sinus pressure, blurriness at times and severe headaches that has been worsening this past year. I got allergy tested in high school And was told I'm not allergic to anything. That was at least 4 years ago. Recently I was seen by an ENT where my MD looked at my sinuses through a camera and said there wasn't anything abnormal. He then put me on abx to rule out infection, did a sinus ct and put me on antihistamines. Everything came back normal With the CT. The abx and antihistamines didn't work either. My ENT then referred me to a neurologist where she dx with migranes. I got put on two different medications ,noretripyline first with bad side affects, and then nadolol which made my sinus pressure worse. I feel like I have tried everything and no MD knows what the exact answer is to make me not so miserable. The pressure is affecting my day to day life and need some help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

have you tried cutting out wheat and dairy products?  It may help to clear your sinuses of mucus so that they do not reblock

Richard

• Posted

Hi Mollie just saw your post,I'm sat here this Saturday night with your pain it's absolute agony.have it all day every day,for going on over 7 yrs,had all done what you have ,tried every thing from a chemist ,Drs and the hospital nothing's given me relief period.im fresh out of ideas.I cut out Milk ,Wheat  Eggs all dairy .no luck.i do have Tinnitus which I got at same time,I've looked it up in the hope the allergy and rhinitis/ sinisitus sites had info to help me.the nasal sprays hurt me even more,so they've got an ingredient that's not right for me and this condition .terrible having it makes me miserable to,I don't sit outside as I don't know what makes it worse as it's the same if indoors funny as this sounds but I love it if I can sneeze to shake what's blocking the sinuses free , but it still stays Mollie wish I could be more positive in helping you just to let you know ,I know how painful this is .x
  • Posted

I agree with Richard. I have been having similar problems and the only thing that helped was a severe reduction in the amount of carbohydrates that I ate. That means I cut sugar, wheat, dairy and most fruits. After doing that for three days my headaches went away. If I had to describe my headaches, it fells like my nerves are on fire. There is pressure behind my ears and around the back of my head. it feels like how it feels on an airplnae when you desperately need your ears to pop.. Instead of pressure it feels like my head is filled with burning acid.. it is completely unbaerable, and i feel sorry if you are going through a  similar problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.