What is considered a normal resting heart rate?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone,

What is considered a normal resting heart rate?

I have a resting heart rate of 88-90 bpm. I'm a 23 year old woman with a bmi of 19. So is this considered a normal heart rate for me?

I know that you get worse heart rate when you don't do workouts. Because all the sites I've seen say a resting heart rate among adults between 70-100 bpm is normal.

Right now I just have started doing regular work out which I have been doing for 2 months. Before it was just light walking (30 min) and nothing intense. My 2 months haven't been focus on cardio but it have been workout that raise the heart rate and make me tired. I want to do cardio but I'm hesitating, specially when my resting heart rate still haven't changed.

But between age 7 upto 18 years old I was working out regulary with at least 4 times/week but later years it was up to 6 times/ week. The 5 years of break of not exercising have just been regular walking.

I have a normal blood pressure (106/73) and I eat healthy. I don't drink coffee, alcohol, energy drink or even smoke. I don't eat a lot of sugar or junkfood, I eat a lot of veggies, fruits and nuts.

Just wondering because my dad at 70+ have more energy than me to do things and I easily get tired. My dad is an alcoholic and he have never done any workouts. Yet he beat me totally when it comes to energy to do things.

Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.