What is everybody’s life like ? Do you go out ? Socialize ? Or just stay in bed !

Posted , 8 users are following.

Wondering and being nosey as to how everybody’s day goes.

Do you stay in bed all day?

Have you stopped going out for dinner ? 

Do you manage to keep the house clean and do errands ? 

If you do feel ok and go out one evening do you suffer the next day ?

Can you drive ? Or do you get anxious and wobbly ? 

My life has become so small and this virus has scared to hell out of me . I’m so nervous to do anything ‘normal’ in case I cause a setback which just happened a few weeks ago . 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Lol , Yep the RATS bail off the ship first. True story. What we have to do is stay strong , and be patient. Good times ahead and remember things happen for a reason. I truly believe that god has a better long range plan for all of us. Keep believeing as time waits for no one ☝️ 
    • Posted

2018 has been just an awful year and when I looked at my Chinese horoscope in January it said ‘focus will be on health ‘ boy was that accurate or what ??? 

Crap day today but hopefully better tomorrow and more ‘good ‘ days to come ... 

• Posted

Sorry to hear your wife left you David....that is a pretty mean thing to do, shows more about her than it does you...regardless of what situation your marriage was in. I've now completed 7 months of this awful virus. I remember the first month being bed ridden with all the symptoms you get from glandular fever...with sore throat being the worse. I then had to take another 4 months of work as I was completely spaced out and dizzy, with a lot of ache and pain in my body. But I did make sure that I got out of bed and went for a walk everyday...even on my bad days, but reduced the distance. I. Back at work now on a phased return. I was gradullay doing better but two weeks ago I went dizzy and spaced out again....had a huge panic as I thought I went back about 4 months. But it has eased up, but not completely disappeared. I go to work each day but that's all I can do. I just want to be at home, watch tv and chill. I've given up my social life for now. Can't wait to get my normal life back together but accepted it might still take some time.

• Posted

Dodge , Like Lori said the rats jump the sinking ship first. I believe good can come from anything situation that life brings. What I have learned during this rough time in my life is who my true friends are and how important good family is. I’m not going to only think about the way this HORRIBLE virus has TEMPORARY wrecked my life , I will use it as learning lesson for what’s important in this journey of life. To me what I learned is to be thankful for the good times and not judge others so much. I can talk all day about what I have learned and how I believe this has made me a better person. The only thing we can do is stay strong and keep positive as time will move on and someday we will ALL be back to normal and be better people because of all this. These bad times in life are for a good reason and we can’t loose sight of that. So let’s kick some butt on this horrible virus and move on. 

Your story is somewhere like mine , thats how it went for me too. I had about 3 or 4 descent weeks in July and the first part of August. I was able to go to work and work a full day. Although I was no where near 100% I was healthy enough to somewhat get on with my life. Then I feel ill again. Just like you I got dizzy, wobbly, and very tired along with other strange symptoms. About 2 months has passed again and I’m slowly returning to better health. I know I have a ways to go yet. It has been the most difficult time in my life. What gets me the most is how I can have a few hours or something a few good days then out of nowhere it all sets in again. Crazy to say the least. 

Stay strong Dodge good times are coming. 

• Posted

So well said David ! Hoping that positivity can make us better and it’s proven that it works ! Power of mind. 

It’s the toughest thing I’ve ever been through and those days when you just cannot do anything are the worst .  I’m so glad you’re seeing more good days than bad all we can do is our best and just go with it for now .

It’s a complicated resilient virus that is very powerful and we cannot think that we are weak because we can’t get through it quickly . I have certainly learned how to be completely alone ...patient .. and when I’ve always been a problem solver and a doer it’s hard to accept that this is something I just have to wait out and cannot change .

• Posted

I too have given my social life up as it’s just too taxing and resigned myself to the fact my life is at home for now bed tv and a few errands. I’ll do anything to get better and the thought of getting ready hair makeup etc is too much . Plus I always feel bad the day after. 

So glad you’re back at work and yes this illness has its own weird path but from reading many comments the bad days get less and less even though they pop up now and again . 

I too try to do a walk most days .. nothing Olympic but at least it’s a break from the house. 

One thing is FOR SURE we will never look at life the same again ... we will be so grateful for every little non dizzy non tired non anxiety non depression moment ! 

Hoping we all get back to normal SOON ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.