What is going on?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 26 male, in November 2014 out of the blue I started wetting the bed, since then on and off I have had problems with daytime wetting as well as night. It comes and stays for a few days to maybe 3 weeks then disappears, I already suffer from social anxiety agoraphobia and depression, it's come to the point where I have to keep a supply of adult nappies in my cupboard just in case which is really embarrassing, what could be causing it to come and go... Could it be neurological or psychological, I don't feel as though there is anything wrong physically and I havnt had the courage to see my go about it yet so any similar experiences that could help me try to make some sense of it will be hugely appreciated... Thanx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andy,

This could be a urine infection that could be treated straight away with antibiotics.If it is, untreated, you risk kidney problems.

If this has been ruled out then could it be anxiety causing it? Have you had something happen recently that you are worried about?

This happened to me when under great stress.I am taking Fluoxetine for depression and feel it is contributing to my recent incontinence.

Hope this helps.Please see your GP.Testing your urine is painless and it could be all it is.

Take care

Heather

• Posted

Hi Andy, I'm 52 and I have a problem of bed wetting which only just started, my urine gushes out like someone has squeezed my bladder . I have no control and like you haven't been to doctor. 

• Posted

Hi andy i have wet the bed all my life and last few years started having daytime incontinence it's not a pleasant thing to happen. i spoke about this with my doctor and he eventually refered me to a uroligist at the hospital i was diagnosed with an over active bladder and urge incontinence. Also i do know that anxiety can cause bed wetting my sister has 2 teenage daughters with anxiety and ADHD and they wet the bed. I have never suffered from anxiety myself but i do know how bad it is for people who do have anxiety. but i will say go to your doctor and get checked out it's not easy i know but at least you will know why this is happening to you hope this helps and goodluck.
  • Posted

Hi Any I hope by now you have seen a doctor and the problem is being dealt with. Please don't suffer on your own. The doctor, urologist and continence nurse were brilliant when my incontinence and bedwetting started a few years back. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.