What is going on ...

Posted , 2 users are following.

3 months ago I suffered a hearing disorder that made noise and everyday sound really loud. I also had a tingling/ numbness over my body. It would move from one area to the next. I went to my doctor who thought I was suffering from anxiety and stress. Ive never really had this before. I had a brain scan and nothing bad showed up.

Now my hearing is okay again, however I am still suffering from tingling and cold patches over different areas of my body. In the last two weeks my hands and muscles feel stiff. I am not sleeping and am so worried. My father has parkisons and my fear is that I have this or Ms. My doctor has said the waiting list for a neurologist is six months and he is inclined to not refer me and to give it a big longer.

Sorry to ramble on . Has anyone experienced such high levels of anxiety?

I know neurological disorders are hard to diagnose but I am 53 a man and feel helpless and am crying inside with worry.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.