What is going on?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Feel free to move this if in wrong thread but I don't know what's going on.

My last two periods has resulted in me becoming very itchy up there and I have no idea what is the cause. I thought it was thrush, as I had, like this time, a white substance up my area and it mainly all went away after using the internal Canesten cream but since then, its still been rather itchy.

I've tried creams which help the external discomfort, Epsom salt baths, and live yoghurt which helps a little.

I'm concerned it's coming back again or its something else entirely. It is not an STI or anything like that.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

you only used internal cream? most likely is thrush but the cream wont fight the infection, you need to get some actual treatment like a pessary from pharmacy or pill from doctor as it could be recurring or stubborn 😃

• Posted

I agree with Ameliamoo. Sometimes Thrush can be persistent and you need other treatment from your doctor to sort it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.