What is good for bruising and swelling that won’t interact with blood thinners?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Someone recommended arnica cream which I was using but I think it made it worse, then I read there is an interaction with anticoagulants. Anyone know anything that helps bruising and swelling that is safe?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi moon,

Are the briuses a result of the blood thinners? There is an arnica cream instead of pillules, maybe you could use that, it is excellent for bruises, muscle strain.

• Posted

I was using the cream and it actually made the bruising and pain worse. To see if the cream was working, I used the cream on half of a massive bruise and the half I used it on got darker and spread! The bruises are from my injections of Innohep.
    • Posted

Moon, it is surprising how people react differently to a product. A lady I know fell over and was literally black and blue, she used arnica cream and the following week you could hardly see them, that is why I thought it would help.
    • Posted

I know I have heard nothing but good things about it, that is why I tried it, it’s probably because of the anticoagulants. It has something in it similar to ibuprofen which I am also not supposed to use. 
  • Posted

Check with your pharmacist. If they don't know, they can look it up. You don't want to mess around with drug interactions and the blood thinners you're on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.