What is happening to me 😞

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone since a few days ago my back has locked up, I can only walk a few steps and then my legs want to buckle I'm 41 years old and I walk like my nan, i feel sick with it the pain is that bad, and the pressure when I stand is horrible it feels as if my son is hanging from my wAist, it's that bad, and the pain is travelling across to the top of my pelvis(I think it's my pelvis anyway) I do have a lot of problems with my spine, 14 years ago I had cauda equina, in L4 and L5, and had an emergency op as my discs had embedded deep down in my nervous system, I have degenative disc diesese, severe osto arthritis of the lower spine and in my neck and have had it for 10 years plus, I don't no what to do, I think it's the arthritis causing all this and no pain meds are touching it anyone have any idea what is happening please 

thanks all

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jenny

I am also Jenny have exactly same symptoms as you.

So far uneven hips , spine has moved to left but not Scoliossis , my Glutes are like jelly and ham strings , cannot stand up straight and exhausted with any walking. Lately have tremendous pain in my neck with headache every morning.

Have found through research that if injury in pelvis wrong muscles activated and nerve problems in lower spine stop Glutes from firing back into action.

I know i over exercised my abdominals and muscles around the waste for years and had a few falls since but this has now become intolerable with pain rising in tp my neck. I have some stenosis but wondering if nerve damage causing problems . have had every test possible .

I am looking for complete re habilitation centre to get back some normality at any cost.

• Posted

hi jenny. i'm sorry to hear about your suffering.

when you say that you had an emergency operation, what exactly did they do to you during that operation? did they remove any bone or disc or did they fuse part of your lumbar spine or what exactly did they do?  was that operation 14 years ago?

did you originially get that problem as a result of an accident and if so, what was the accident - what happened to your body in that accident?

is the pain along the back of your pelvis, along the front or sides?

was there something in particular that you did a few days ago to trigger this? i.e. did you bend and twist your body or something like that?

do you mind if i ask you how much you weight and what your height is?

• Posted

Hi rainashhh, I have posted my 2012 scan results and more info below 😊
  • Posted

also, do you suffer from other pain in your body like hip pain, or knee pain and how would you say your muscles are in general? do you have anything like fibromyalgia or generalized muscle tightness and pain? were you generally active before this - did you do any regular exercise and if so what type?
  • Posted

Hi rainashhh

14 years ago I had a 3 hr emergency op to remove the disc from my nervous system no one knows how it happened or how I got cauda equina syndrome I was 27 at the time, I had an MRI scan again in 2012 which showed multi problems with the lower spine including severe arthritis my scan is below, I'm 16 stone and 41 years old I haven't been in any accidents and the pain is spreading to the back of my left hip I think it maybe coming from my spine though

• Posted

I used to be active as in I loved walking, before this happened and when I was 15 and younger I was very flexible as I'm double jointed my knees are fine they just click a lot along with my ankles, the pain I'm getting at the side I think it maybe my hip comes and goes it's a very sharp stabbing pain I get it more when I sit down and when I stand my back feels so heavy and crushed
    • Posted

hi jenny. i wrote a detailed reply as to what i thought was going on with you and what i thought could help but it was deleted by the moderator. i can see that this site is overly censored and that's very sad for patients genuinely looking for help.
    • Posted

The post was deleted as you were advising users about specific exercises/treatment which may not be appropriate for them and also promoting a specific product.
    • Posted

Thanks for trying to help rainashhh, I had a full scan on my spine yesterday and it showed more degenerative changes and bulging discs that would explain the pain and discomfort, I need to sort my pain meds out today as my others ain't working 😊
  • Posted

Good morning , I feel so sorry for you , Jenny . I , too am in pain ( and getting panicky about my future !)   I walk like my grandad !  I'm older than you and diagnose with OA last year , told to take painkillers and lose weight . The weight has actually gone up  , damn it, and the painkillers are no longer effective . The future feels bleak , doesn't it ? 

Answer  ( for me )  get on the diet  and go back to the doctor ! 

This wasn't it our life's plan was it, Jenny ? You're just a young girl , I hope you find a solution soo . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.