What is happening to me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently my eyes have felt weird. I have had floaters for as long as I can remember. I am about -7 in both eyes and my eyes have been healthy. I feel like my floaters are becoming more visible (not more of them), my eyes are twitching a lot more (even after a good sleep), they feel strained, more pressurized and occasionally I will get a flash or two at night (not like flashes as in lightning or anything) but a light flash when I open my eyes in a dark room. I also feel a slight sharp pain in the side of the left side of my face around the ear canal and sinuses. And occasionally feel nauseous.

Should I get a check up? What is happening to me? Is it stress? Bad diet? Erratic sleeping patterns? Not drinking enough water?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi. not at all sure but have you had a routine eye test recently. That should help identify any underlying issues.

• Posted

I haven't had an eye test in about 3 years. I should really book one but I am trying to hold off for as long as I can because I don't like the way they try and make you get new glasses every time you go.

• Posted

ok I get you but when it is a question 9f eye health you really should do it. Best of luck with it.

• Posted

could be posterior vitreous detachment (pvd). its quite common. i have it. there is a good thread on here all about it

• Posted

You need to see an Ophthalmologist to have a thorough eye exam as soon as possible. Don't delay seeing someone because you don't like that they want to get you to buy glasses. Floaters and flashing lights are indicators of vitreous fluid separating from the retina (it happens to everyone if we live long enough). It can lead to retinal detachment (I've gone through this). It's possible you're having migraine headaches, but only a medical professional can help you with this. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.