What is happening to my leg? (Bug Bite, Blood Clot, Pinched Vein, Rash?)

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I saw a mark on my leg and what appeared to be lines of bruises that looked like they followed my vein. They are getting significantly worse each day.

May 5: Diagnosed with PID. Prescribed 2 antibiotics. doxycycline (7 days) & cerFTRIAXone (ROCEPHIN). All other STI tests came back negative.

May 14: I had an ultrasound appointment to investigate if any damage was done with PID and see if there were any other reasons my pelvis was hurting.

May 15: Noticed light marks.

May 18: Marks got significantly worse.

May 19: ER for ultrasound & bloodwork. They thought it was either a blood clot or a bug bite. After all the tests came back fine, they prescribed me clindamycin (12 pills a day for 10 days) which I haven't taken yet.

May 21: The lines are getting worse.

Background: I eat very clean diet. Typically no dairy, rarely gluten and low sugar. I take a lot vitamins every day and get plenty of sleep. I have been more stationary lately and sit on an exercise ball while working a desk job.

What is happening to my leg?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.