What is "lacing" in a retina image?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I went to get a new contact perscription today and they took a retina scan. When I went back and talked to my doctor, she compared a previous retina scan of mine (from about 2016) to the one I just took and pointed out what she described as "lacing" had appeared. They were small, blackish lines near the edge of the image, close to my eye lashes, that I guess you could describe as lacing. I asked her what they were, but she didn't do a very good job explaining. She did say it wasn't anything to worry about and she mentioned my astigmatism briefly, but still kind of want to know what it is, what might have caused it, and if it will go away.

Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.