What is "Mid LAD disease"?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Tests revealing my treated Ventricular Tachycardia also revealed other heart defects.

Now the hospital and arrhythmia cardiologist that treated my VT says I have a good strong heart now, but the heart failure cardiologist from the other hospital that is also investigating me sent me a letter, on which was various diagnosis, one of which is Mid LAD disease.

No mention of severity or any advice, in fact I was unaware of this particular diagnosis.

I touch worrying in that unlike my arrhythmia, this appears to be more closely related to the breaking off of plaque that killed both my Maternal Grandmother, and my maternal Uncle, both at a younger age than I.  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Dear Peter,

Mid LAD is the mid segment of left anterior descending artery. It is one the three main blood vessels supplying the heart. The management depends upon the severity of blockage in the artery. How is your heart function (ejection fraction)?

Dr Randeep

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I dont know if my MRI scan from last year tells you what you are asking?

Please see attached, I also attach one of my ECGs that show huge T waves that I never quite believe the reassurance I am given that they are fine.

• Posted

Dear Peter,

The cardiac MRI report is suggestive of ARVD. It doesn't  mention anything about your coronaries (The mid LAD you mentioned). If you have undergone coronary angiogram, I can comment upon that. As far as ARVD is concerned I hope you must be under expert supervision of Cardiac electrophysiologist. If you have strong family history of coronary artery disease i suggest you to take small dose of Aspirin as preventive measure.

Dr Randeep   

• Posted

I did have an angiogram, but never received the results personally. I attach the report of the EP study from when they did the ablation, they decided it wasnt ARVC after all but RVOT VT

What did you make of those T waves?

Thank you for your comments.

• Posted

It does say on my MRI an Ejection faction of 60% LV and 52% RV
    • Posted

Your ejection fraction is within normal limits. I am not a cardiac electrophyiologist to give opinion on EP report but to best of my Knowledge RVOT VT is not associated with fibrosis of RV as in your MRI report and it is worrisome. Kindly clarify it with your EP team. I can comment on LAD blockage only after assessing the angiogram report.

Dr Randeep  

• Posted

Going through my many copies of letters, I have found one which mentions that the angiogram demonstrated lad plaques causing minimal stenosis in the proximal segment and mild stenosis in the mid segment
  • Posted

Mild LAD is referring to coronary artery disease affecting the left anterior descending coronary artery that supplies blood to the front of your left ventricle. the left ventricle is the "work horse" of your heart.  My late husband developed LAD, and subsequently suffered a MI as a result.  He did develop some degree of heart failure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.