What is my next step?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I need some positivity and hope please, does emdr work or would more counselling be sufficient, would my doctot know about this?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam, 

EMDR does work! I would highly recommend it. Depending on how deep the trauma is stored you may need a few sessions. 

• Posted

Thank you I'll mention it to my doctor next week.

• Posted

Great! You're so welcome.

You should also check out something called TRE which stands for Trauma Release Exercises, it's been well known to be used with PTSD with soldiers and has worked very well.  

• Posted

TRE?, oh come on doctor all she"s offered is anti bloody depressants, I'm not depressed I've been raped and after 24 years of no support have now said enough's enough!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.