What is on my wrist?

Posted , 3 users are following.

http://imgur.com/a/GpGKK

So I first noticed this rash or whatever it is on my wrist a few weeks ago. It used to be smaller but it has now started to slowly spread. It is on both wrists and some of it has started to appear on my fingers and top of hands. It's also near the funny bone of my left arm (not pictured in album). But it mostly started in my wrists. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? It doesn't really itch at all, though I do find myself sometimes touching it messing with it. I don't have any allergies to anything so I'm just confused as to what it could be. I did some research online and it looks like it might be scabies. Could it really be that? Anyways, any insight would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If it is scabies it will be very itchy as it is caused by a mite burrowing into the skin. If you think it is scabies you should see a doctor immediately.

​It could be an allergy even though you think you do not have any. In fact it could be a myriad of things including eczema. If it is a problem I should see a doctor. 

• Posted

Sorry, but I  cant see any rash on your wrist. Is it red or whitish?  Lumpy? Any more pics...I can only see one pic.  
    • Posted

Here are some more pictures: https://imgur.com/a/wbeQX

The link should take you to an album. The rash (I don't really know whether or not it is a rash, but that's the only thing I can refer to it by) is whitish and slightly lumpy in some areas as you can see from the pictures.

• Posted

I think what you are looking at is a collection of tiny fat deposits under the skin. Totally harmless and lots of people have them. Dont fiddle and pick at them. Just forget it.     
    • Posted

Is it normal for these to spread though? Because I originally saw them on left my wrist a few weeks ago, and I didn't think they were anything special so I didn't pay any attention to it. Now, it's started to spread to both hands and the top of my hands. It's also near my shoulder and near the "funny bone" of my left arm. I just wonder if it's something serious or not. Anyways, I have an appointment with a dermatologist om Friday so hopefully I can get it cleared up.

• Posted

It sounds like miliara, clogged sweat ducts, lots of people seem to get it.
  • Posted

Do let us know what the dermatologist says
    • Posted

Went to the dermatologist today. She said it's most likely Lichen Nitidus. She also took a biopsy which she will send to a pathologist to confirm. Otherwise she prescribed me a cream that should help with it.

• Posted

How interesting. Would love to know  the result of the biopsy.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.