What is one thing you tell yourself/or do that makes you see the light outside deppression?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Do you have any quotes?

Any morning mantra?

Exercise? 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruby I made a 360 degree turn around about 40 years ago. I started exercising and walking. Next I started writing my thoughts and feelings each day. Then I started saying the Serenity Prayer every morning. When I get a resentment at people I don't dwell on it. That's a few of the things. Hope one of them might help you. Good luck. 

• Posted

About 8 months ago my therapist recommended I start back to church, just to be around people, get out of the house, and it was free. After 28 TMS sessions I actually had the ability to give it a try. Had strong beliefs early in life but due to life circumstances had abandoned those, lost faith and lived early adult years as nonbeliever, which actually I was not. First attendance sermon seemed to be addressing me and my dark existence. Hearing invitational song "Softly and Tenderly Jesus is Calling" felt like a magnet pulled me down the aisle and for the first time ever I sobbed and asked God to forgive my years of doubt about not just his existence but my whole self. Immediate relief, honestly immediate relief. Listen to the song. Yes, I was weary, weary from 20 years living empty life in deep dark hole. Eight months later still amazed by the MIRACLE I DID experience. Depression will never be completely gone but I now know I am never alone with my dark thoughts. When they do reappear I simply ask God to help me fight Satan`s dark hold on my imperfect brain, express my gratefulness for his forgiveness of the life I lived for so many years which contributed to my debilitating illness I truly believed I would never be rid of. It will always still be there waiting for me but I refuse to ever doubt God`s complete love, compassion and forgiveness and know that will always pull me back into the light. I simply ask and believe then I am brought back from the living dead realizing I, along with God`s perfect love for me, will never completely consume me again. For the first time in twenty years I look forward to the dawn of a new day.

• Posted

Amazing story very uplifting thank you for sharing it !
    • Posted

Deborah, this is most inspiring and i read it at the perfect time.  I have been a Christian for most of my adult life but have floundered, and hit with some medical issues which led to the depression.  But I am doing better lately, and will refer to your testimony when i am in need of encouragement
  • Posted

A couple of things helped me get out of my latest black hole that I was in since August, getting increasingly worse. One thing I made a concious effort to do was pray every day, usually at night time. I just asked God to please help me ~ just guide me or give me some hope. The other thing was I told myself that I'd been here before ~ feeling the exact same desolation and so unmotivated and uncaring about everything, and that it shifted eventually and I started to feel a lift in spirits before so I will again ~ it's sort of the law of the universe and I had to wait it out and listen to any guy feelings on what to do... so I did and now I am feeling better again, not 100% but much different to before because I didn't want to face the day, even if the sun was shining, I put my head under the covers and forced myself to sleep til 1 or 2pm as long as possible. Depression is a horrible horrible illness. I hope you find some help/relief in this forum. I did. Kind regards, Maria

• Posted

Yeah exercise makes me feel a little better I can't take it for the physical pain it hard when I don't get any sleep all the physical pains it taking a toll on my body i'm scared to take antidepressant that's what got me like this taking them without me knowing it no no I need them don't know what to do his headache is killing me and they're telling me it's stress no appetite I just want  my appetite back tingiling sensation on my right back side Throat pains testecal pains now I'm worried about the fourth CT scans I got rendition got me thinking Should I worry help please 

• Posted

Hi ruby - my strength is the knowledge that this suffering is just in this life. It will end. My job in the here and now is to educate myself about this, experience it, muddle through the best I can and be a support for those like me. This realm is a school. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.