What is reactive arthritis

Posted , 4 users are following.

is it as the name suggests and a reaction to another ilness ?

the reaction being arthertus

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I believe it is a situation in which a disease or virus triggers arthritis. Back in 2015 I contracted measles. While the rash was active, my hands swelled a great deal. Afterward, the left hand quickly returned to normal. But the right hand returned much more slowly, and developed arthritis in the knuckles.

• Posted

yes its triggered you cant catch it often by an std or food poisoning or many other,s some people are lucky and just have one episode but many of us become chronic and its a life ling condition .. mine started at 24 ive had it 26 years its not just joints it affect can lead to blindness as it often affects the eyes by imflaming the retina .. came quite close myself the first time my eyes went

• Posted

I was diagnosed about three and a half years ago, after a bad UTI. It has been rough. I has become chronic and I have been on many different medications. I have a lot of joint issues and have had to change a lot of things in my life. But I take one day at a time. I have not met anyone or talked to someone with Reactive Arthritis. I think it would be helpful to talk to others with the same diagnosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.