What is recommended dosage of Klonopin for sleep?. I am on 15 Mirzaphine and 1.75 mg Klonopin?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have 6 hours of deep sleep. i measured it with my phone app. but for some reason i feel tired the next day. I started off with .25 mg Klonopin and 30 Mg Mirzaphine. Now i need 1.75 mg of Klonopin for restful sleep. i reduce Mirzaphine to 15 mg. i have no anxiety or depression. any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I've personally been on klonopin for the last 4yrs but not for anxiety but rather another issue. I have been on 0.5mg for all that time & have never increased dosage. (doc also wont increase dosage). The problem with these kinds of medications especially if being used for sleep problems is that over time our bodies become tolerant to the prescribed dosage & therefore to still get the desired effect the dosage needs to be increased. In my opinion i would go back to your doctor to discuss this one as i feel it can become 'a slippery slope' with this kind of meds. Dont get me wrong, they do serve a purpose but i strongly advise to tread carefully here as it is a highly addictive drug. It is a benzodiazapine so please be careful. Sorry, i hope i'm not 'blabbing' on but i think your doctor would be your best course of action.

• Posted

You're welcome. Good idea to see doctor because my concern is that you are needing a higher dosage of klonopin to get to sleep & that's not a good thing. You can speak to your doc about weaning you off this medication depending on how long you have been on it. If you have been on it for some time, whatever you do, don't stop without medical help as this could be very dangerous. Good luck.

• Posted

Ok, that's not long at all but still play it safe & speak to your doctor about other alternatives. (just advice). Klonopin is more commonly used to treat anxiety & epilepsy not so much for sleep problems. I remember when i first started taking klonopin i slept like a baby for about the first 3 months but that does wear off. As i said last night i take klonopin for another issue, not anxiety or insomnia but rather a quite uncommon sleep disorder which is seperate to insomnia. Now i just take it to keep my disorder under control. You have only been on this med for a short time but don't get into the habit of 'needing' it unless absolutely necessary. Please let me know how you get on.

• Posted

I'm surprised you want to use Klonopin for sleep, whilst it does have sedative properties there are better alternatives out there like Zopiclone, Zolpidem and even the other drug you are using Mirtazapine. With Mirtazapine the lower the dose the more sedating it is. Most people feel sleepy at a dose between 3.75mg and 15mg. Above 15mg and it is more 'activating' and you won't be as sleepy.

• Posted

Thanks for the response. Yes I was thinking the same.

• Posted

Sure Michelle. Thanks for the advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.