what is sciatica

Posted , 2 users are following.

How does one know if you suffer with it? I have a pain in my cheek bottom and hip area, but the real pain is when walking and standing is in my calf.  My temperature is normal,  my leg is cold is this sciatica?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is not sciatica!!
    • Posted

That's what I thought but the GP I spoke with on the phone said it was. I've rang for a home visit to day. When I sit and raise my leg up the pain eases but when I walk OMG the pain 
    • Posted

DG

It could be sciatica as you are having a pain in your hips and bum.

But strange part is why only Calf!!! It should follow from bum towards the calf!!

Listen very carefully and make sure you do it, if your GP advise you and confirm you that it is sciatica tell him you want MRI SCAN of your back!! You MUST insist on that so you should know the core cause of the pain!! How old are you? And what you do for living? Please

• Posted

I'm 64 retired3yrs 

I had a stroke 6yrs  ago   but coping well I've had this pain since Sunday. So what does sciatica do? 

Frannie 

• Posted

Different type of sciatica, i had in 2010, it was my left leg very bad pain only could stand cant sleep or sat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.