What is sex life and orgasm like after TURP?

Posted , 17 users are following.

I am 58 years old and at the point where the Flomax is not working like it was before, even though i've doubled the dose to 4mg every 12 hours. Most of the time, it's stop and go, and i can feel the back up because of the blockage. So now the doc says that my condition is going to cause damage to the bladder if i don't take care of it. After cystoscopy he says that the blockage is coming down both sides of the urethra, and that Eurolift wont work for my type of blockage, and recommends the TURP for me. This means loss of ejeculation after the procedure, and i'm wondering how this situation feels for those who have tried to have a sex life post TURP.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

I had a TURP in February 2020. Orgasm is just not as good with retro. Doesn't feel like anything really and makes sex not worth the bother if I'm honest. No shock as I was expecting it wouldn't be great but still disappointing. If you can keep your ejeculation then do so. I tried with Urolift but the procedure failed after a couple of months; it also left me in pain. I understand there is a chance of maintaining ejeculation with the Rezum procedure but it was not available to me.

• Posted

Did your urologist explain why the Eurolift failed in such a short amount of time?

• Posted

wow! I had a TURP in '66 as I foumd out I had a bladder neck flap like obstruction, and

it was congenital in nature, could'nt pee finally and sex was very painful. anyway

Doc. told me I would have problems always because I waited to long to have problem dealt with ! my mistake! anyway I had chronic prostratitis always and in 2015 I had to have another TURP. My first TURP was when I was around 26 and my second TURP was

when I was 78. sex has been a problem all through these yrs too.now my bowels

are problem too, as result. lesson: dont let these problems go !!!!!!!

good luck !!!

• Posted

I don't notice any difference, I still have full ejaculation just a bit slower on the exit. Earlier ejaculations were dry but it was no big deal, I had to look to check. Just my experience everyone is different, my dad had the op and never quite got used to the dry. I am 3 yrs post turp.

• Posted

Your question is very interesting... Me it's different because I did not have TURP but a radical prostatectomy, which resulted in the end of my semen production and the inability to ejaculate. For me it is not a retrograde ejaculation but a dry one because all the glands and the "pipes" are removed.

First of all it's surprising because the rhythmic muscle spasms are present during orgasm as if my penis wanted to expel the white stuff but nothing comes out. The fact that there is not this thick liquid going through the urethra takes away a lot of the sensation but the pleasure is there anyway.

On the visual aspect, it is during masturbations that the difference is greater because it is there that I admired and appreciated the most my semen spurting out in many jets at the end and today something is really missing. Looks like I have less of that sense of manhood because of it. When it comes to sex, it doesn't change much for me not to have ejaculation anymore, it's even more practical sometimes.

• Posted

Dan don't do it

Why is this doctor telling you that the Urolift will not work. Is it because of the median lobe. They can do a Midlift that was developed by the Urolift company to take care of the Median lobe.

It will work it will open you up and there are no side effects. Do not get talked into something you are going to regret

I was on a site that talked about men that had the Turp. All the men that were on the site wanted to tie there doctor to a table and do the same thing to them. Some men will have there orgasm to a 1/3 of what it was before the surgery. They regret doing it.

This is your body tell them that the Urolift and Medlift is what you want to try.

Good luck. Had mine done over 7 years ago.....No side effects.....Ken

• Posted

You can still feel the ejaculation, but very little sperm comes out. It's because they cut out most of the prostrate. You won't see a shot of sperm come out anymore, but can still ejaculate and a little bit of the sperm is on the tip of your penis. The main thing is, I can still get hard and feel the ejaculation, but very little sperm. It sounds like you need to get the surgery.

Marky

Mark

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.