what is the answer don't think I can do this

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am here alown been drinking all afternoon I should of gone to a asesment today at rehab unfortunately it was cancelled I don't think I can go into rehab I realy want to do it I realy fo but everything seems to be stopping this happening I think it's not ment to be I have got mental health issues and over the last few wks it as deteriated rapidly due to me I am usuless unworthy of any help at all I deserve everything that's happening to me what's the point on trying anymore can't do this any more I am a useless individual and just worthless I have tried I realy have alchol as took over me completely it as destroyed my family life's I have lost everything that is dear to me ok you demon you have won I aplause you now just get out of my life so sorry what a waste

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Jsvikie you don't deserve this.hang on in there get some sleep then re-asses tomorrow. Help is available make use of it,all of it.You need help with you're mental health condition as well as your alcohol addiction. It isn't your fault so don't beat yourself up about this.I've been there,almost lost everything but I managed to get some counseling while still drinking.It took a while about a year I think.I'm 54 now and started drinking when I was 15,so there is hope.Just be honest with you self and all those around you about your drinking and that you are desperate for help to find a way out.

Be lucky I'm sure you can do it my heart goes out to you,you are not as alone as you may think,this happens to a lot of people.

Keep in touch

Jcee😉😉

• Posted

I know you are right but please believe me I am realy trying I realy am I have been drinking since the age of 16 I am now just coming up to the age of 51 see a councillor and been trying to stop drinking for well all my life I have list mu home ny family and now can't do this anymore I have been under the mental health system since I can't remember my life is a total mess a
    • Posted

and yes I can't spell what hope have I
    • Posted

You do have hope ,you wouldn't be writing this if you had no hope. I am 3 years ahead of you and have only been off it for 3 months. The fact that my liver count was into four figures helped me along a bit. Have you had yours checked recently? About how much do ya normally drink or does it vary day to day? Let me know so I can share some stuff with you. I know I ain't out of the woods yet and probably won't ever be. But at the moment,I managed to get some family back and have just started a job (don't know how long it'll last very scary).

Please keep in touch

Jcee

• Posted

hallo jcee I had my liver checked a few months bk when I did a home detox I asumed it was ok did not ask figures or they would not of done it I drink a bottle of vodka and a few beers a day on average what as afected me is I have got neuropathy and even the horible pain I go through everyday as not made me stop I hate this adiction it's awful and know matter how hard I try it always win I am tired of keep trying I might as well just give into it I can't see myself ever without alchol in my life
  • Posted

Dear jsvkie, hi, try not to feel too despondent, you are in no way a bad person or a lost cause.... you can get better, you need to and you deserve to.... it is never, ever, ever, ever.... too late to give up alcohol, no matter how many tries it takes, or how long.... addiction is not a fun state of mind, by the time you realize, it is too late, I was a hopeless alcoholic for many years, I am now ok, and I still wake up grateful every single day....

Ask if you could be taken into rehab, you need to rest your mind and your body, no matter how many times it takes ( and it can be a great deal ) keep trying again and again, you WILL DO IT... ,

You will NEVER be worth less than anyone else, nobody can judge you, you are as.important as every other single person....

Please get help, I wish you all the luck in the world, take care, kind regards, Deirdre xxx

• Posted

Hello jsvkie. THe others have replied really well and it is obvious that you are under immense pressure and feel SO guitly about everything in your life. Professional help and guidance is the way and perhaps not only GPs or doctors? Alternative routes, ie. meditation or self healing alternative evening classes if there any in your area? I cannot say that I have used this but it is just an idea I suddenly have. All the best and keep trying to survive!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.