What is the best physical therapy to treat the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) grade 1 injuries?

Posted , 2 users are following.

What is the best physical therapy to treat the knee anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) grade 1 injuries?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Another suggestion and what helped me get back on track are using rocker shoes . after three hip replacement surgeries, plantar fasciitis, OA in feet, knee and in the lower back. I have not needed knee or back surgery since using rocker shoes . rocker shoe therapy was used to improve gate , reduced all joint pressure points and realigned the old broken walk due to OA to a healthy walk and no pain.

Rocker soles, with added thickness and other design features intended to change gait mechanics, have been used to accomplish these goals for decades, and are currently the most commonly prescribed external therapeutic shoe modification. Rocker footwear can help develop better balance and proper gait and is often used to improve the biomechanics of function of the feet and lower limbs as it helps to realign the body by controlling further damage to joints.

• Edited

Rocker shoes relieve pain associated with a variety of foot problems. I am talking about the knee ACL injuries without surgery.

• Edited

OA in feet, knee and in the lower back. I have not needed Knee or back surgery since using rocker shoes . rocker shoe therapy was used to improve gate , Rocker-shoe intervention was found to have potential as a rehabilitation tool to modify gait patterns in the sagittal plane of people with ACL-reconstructed knees and may protect against high reinjury rates. Further research is required to evaluate whether prolonged wear of rocker-sole shoes can modify lower extremity biomechanics

I have acl in both knees...i have not needed surgery...due to rocker shoes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.