What Is The Blemish Under My Eye ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone tell me what this blemish could be under my eye, it seems to have been there for several months now but just wondered what it was?image

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Its a collection of fatty cells. Quite common in the skin under eyes but sometimes associated with a high fat diet or a high blood cholesterol.It may become more apparent as a white, slightly lumpy patch after a while and they can be removed surgically but your doctor may recommend a blood test as well.

• Posted

Hi and thanks for the reply. Can i ask how you might know this, i mean are you a doctor your self?

My diet fortunately is pretty good which surprises me although I'm not doubting you at all.

If it is fatty deposits then i wish there was an easier way to get rid of them, surgery will cost won't it?

• Posted

If you are in UK then the NHS wont remove them for free as it is considered a cosmetic procedure. I think it would cost between £250-£400 for a private consultation. Dont know the costs in other countries.

No,not a doctor but 25+ years in the NHS working in several different specialities.

The fatty deposits alone wont cause any harm but sometimes they can be an indication of something else,the most normal thing being high cholesterol.

If you are in UK then the blood test would be free from your GP.

Many people think they have a good diet and are surprised at how much fat they are consuming in prepared food from the supermarket.

• Posted

Thanks again for the reply Marina, yeh i do live in the UK.

I don't think i will be going for a cosmetic procedure then if it cost that much lol, might have to put up with it.

I used to eat a lot meals from the super market but not for a while now, most of the food i have tends to be more freshly prepared hence no added rubbish.

I have a appointment with the doctor soon anyway so I will mention it and see what they say.

Thanks again for the info...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.