What is the longest period people have used Steroid ointment?

Posted , 10 users are following.

My doc told me to only use it for 3 weeks but i feel like it is making a difference. Should i keep using it? At what point do you stop?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

and also my gynaecologist (who we see here for advice) said that as long as I stick to 100g or under in a year it would not be a problem, which I do. 
  • Posted

Follow what your prescriber says. These are the strongest steroids made, overuse can thin the skin and cause havoc. Call the office to get further clarification, sometimes they are not very clear on exactly how and when to use this. My Dermatologist ordered mine for 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off for 3 months...everybody seems to have a different process.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.