what is the name my condition ?is it essential tremor??help

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello , can anyone help me with my condition please ,

i have tremors in all of my muscles (body) when i move them, fingers hands legs belly tongue everything and it gets worse when im tired , when rest (not moving) nothing happens ,ihave this condition since i was 15yo or something, it was not so obvious back then it was clear only when i lift weight, (im 25yo now),i use propranolol it helps only a little bit, i went to first neurologist he said i was just nervous (i told him i was not ,he insist ) ,gave me stress medicines and vitamins which didnt work at all , second doctor told me to do MRI scan and blood tests (everything is fine) he told me that it is essential tremor and gave me parkinsons disease medicine instead of propranolol which makes it even worst then if im not using propranolol at all , im really confused what is the name for my condition? im not convinced it is essential tremor ,can any one guide me????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have ET. I am not a neurologist. However, what you describe sounds quite like ET to me; 1) tremor when you lift things but 2) not when resting; 3)slow progression; 4)responds to propranolol.

Parkinsons meds are not helpful to someone with ET.

Obviously tests would be necessary to rule out things like MS and toxic conditions.

• Posted

do you know if ET can effect all muscles in the body at ones, for me it didnt start with arm or leg , it was all body at ones,

what is your condition is it all of your body?

thank you.

• Posted

This sounds like what I've been experiencing for the past 2 weeks after over a year of persistant dizziness/imbalance issues. Like you, I get twitches all over my body, especially while at rest. Also tremors in hands, made worse when exerting a certain amount of force. Also feeling butterflies in stomach and a general sense of anxiety. All symptoms are persistant and never go away. Do you experience the same thing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.