Posted , 3 users are following.
I have several allergies and have been aware that I am sensitive to nickel but, the latest thing appears to be a reaction to hypodermic needles.
I had to have my bloods done today. I have to have them done every 4 weeks and for the past 2 times, the needle has caused me a lot of pain. Today, however, the Phlebotomist put some cotton wool on my arm and told me to apply some pressure and when she looked, there was a bright red patch. She immediately thought I was 'allergic' to cotton wool. Actually, I think it is the needle and its nickel content.
Does anyone have any views on this?
I am due to see a Consultant [Dermatologist] but my appt hasn't come yet, so I thought I would run it past you first!
1 like, 6 replies