What is the POINT?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Argh last week I lost 5lbs, this week up I'm up 3 from that! Wtf?! I've been eating pretty much the same, but this week I feel like a big bloater and the scales would tend to agree!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Squeak,

Don`t give up! Its a total pain in the a*se when uve been sticking to ur diet and GAIN weight. Ur body is prob holding on to more fluid than it was last week.

I get weighed on Monday...and if those scales don`t move.....I`ll decapitate the doctor with them... :lol: :lol:

• Posted

Squeak

Our bodys can fluctuate up to 5lbs depending on fluid, temperature, time of month etc

Dont lose heart!!!!

• Posted

It also depends on whether you have been doing regular exercise as your body will be converting the fat to muscle, and as that weights more than the fat that could be another reason

Keep your chin up :D

• Posted

Hi squeak,

It's hard, I know how I'd feel.

I'm only new been on the tabs for 2 weeks but my doc said to be prepared for my next weigh in in a fortnight and not to be surprised/sad/right fed up/browned off etc. if I put weight on this next time while it stabilises itself.

Okay so I'm prepared (bet I still stamp my feet some though) :lol:

[b:4810cd957d]What's the point?[/b:4810cd957d]

You're doing it for you - be it health reasons or to feel more confident about yourself.

Please don't give up, stamp your feet or kick a wall if nescessary (not too hard though) read something inspirational on here, big deep breath and back to it.

Next fortnight you'll be coming back and telling me to do the same.

Good luck my duck. Keep going.

• Posted

Thanks for your kind words guys, I know I'm probably being silly but I was soo excited when I lost so much last week, I was hoping I would at least keep losing SOME! I have been trying sooo hard for months before I even got these pills and it is really frustrating to think something is working finally then gain again!
  • Posted

Squeak...

Don't give up on them.I'm new on them but don't think i've lost anything yet.I'm sure if we all persevere we will lose some weight.

Good luck :D

• Posted

I lost 5lbs in the first 3 days and have since put 3 back on which is frustrating - been sticking to the diet and doing regular exercise but its hard. I'm my own worst critic but I know its worth it in the end. Keep persevering hun 8)
  • Posted

I think the worst thing in the world we can do is keep weighing ourselves gals. Ok if we`ve lost....but when those scales don`t move or show an increase.....it messys with your positivity!! Know what I mean? Knocks u right off ur path.......and thats when u feel tempted to munch!

So chuck those piggin scales out in the bin everyone.... :lol: :lol:

• Posted

Yeah lets ban the scales !!!! :lol:

I'm gonna get my hubby to hide them away, I weigh myself everytime I go to the loo........and we all know how often that can be :oops:

I need to keep them for weighing the suitcases for the holiday I've just booked for Oct :D :D :D

Hope I can shift a load of weight by then

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.