What is the typical color of the fluid that leaks out of HSV sores?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Exactly a month ago I had a scare in which I thought I had genital herpes, but after getting a blood test, and three nurses and one gynecologist confirmed it was not herpes but rather irritated hair follicles. They did not present like typical herpes and eventually, after I stopped fussing over them and touching them, they went away, until one bump recently resurfaced. It is round and resembles a pimple, and is almost yellow in color. After popping it, it bled a lot and eventually started leaking yellowish-white fluid. I don't know if the fluid has any odor.

Part of me is worried there might be a chance I could still have herpes? I plan on getting tested in a month or two for a more accurate blood test. I don't shave, so the only thing I can think is causing it is my hair pulling disorder.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Any feedback would be appreciated!

• Posted

Even if you don't shave, wearing tight clothes can cause ingrown hairs to come in, so it inflates the skin like that. I had a similar experience when I didn't shave, but would wear tight Jeans. Now I just make sure to wear the right sizes haha

Still, if it helps you feel better, go get tested again, but if it comes back negative, don't beat yourself up over it 😃 All luck to ya'

• Posted

Even if you don't shave, wearing tight clothes can cause ingrown hairs to come in, so it inflates the skin like that. I had a similar experience when I didn't shave, but would wear tight Jeans. Now I just make sure to wear the right sizes haha

Still, if it helps you feel better, go get tested again, but if it comes back negative, don't beat yourself up over it 😃 All luck to ya'

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.