What is this?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

So... I really don't know what's going on, and it's kinda hard to describe right now. I'd say about 5 days ago, I received a sudden change in the vision of my right eye after getting off of my computer; for some reason now, the vision in this eye appears as if I've looked through something extremely bright and now it just won't stabilize. It's like my left eye sees things clearly but my right eye is like, I'm looking at things through a light glare, and now it's also like I'm looking through one large illusion. The eye can see, but things are slightly blurry. If I get into area with light, the symptoms are only worse and then my eye may hurt at random times, be it a dull pain or sharp pain. The peripheral vision is somewhat wonky, I can see things in it but I can't see any details. Example: I can see my fridge but because it feels like everything is just one big glare to me, I can see a small amount of I guess pressure. Left eye can see it clearly. Only way it gets WORSE is if I look at a computer screen(with a light background). Right eye can only really focus on the one word that specifically look at, anything else, I can see that the words may be there but at the same time, I only see the light background and in some areas are blind spots, where I can't see anything by light. It's like my eye was damaged somewhere but I don't know where.

I went to an eye doctor and they did a mild dilation, couldn't find anything, and blamed it on Dry Eye. Does this really sound like dry eye?

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

So I actually went back to my general provider and that ordered an MRI scan on the same day, just waiting on results. In the mean time, my vision basically looks like as if I exercised or something, however my vision seems to be merging until I look at a source of light, then I can quickly tell the difference. I still have not a clue if this means it's getting better or if I'm just adjusting to everything; I still need answers. 

• Posted

And so, the MRI results returned; unfortunately this isn't a fairy tale ending for me lol. The MRI explained that I was going through a flare of MS(I was just diagnosed today), and this flare actually happened to involve the nerves dealing with that eye... I suppose hence why no one could find anything wrong with my eye, itself that is. Now I have an appointment with a neurologist this Thursday to assist in controlling this flare and getting my sight back, but looks like I could have a slew of other issues waiting for me down the road. I feel pretty down. However thank you everyone for your concern. 

• Posted

So sorry to hear allen,but now maybe you can get that vision back,my niece has ms and has had eye issues. Her sight is fine now,shes had it a good ten years shes almost 48,but youd never know it,it has times of remission and not all people with MS have it progress. Just saw a new drug treatment coming out which is supposed to greatly halt its progression.just because you have it,does not mean it will get worse. Do you have any other symptoms?
    • Posted

Actually yes, I've had a plethora of them that only now make sense. As a teen, I had numbness in the fingers, arms, legs, and toes; they went away on their own. I had frequent urination that also resolved itself. I had a few more, but it's all making sense now. 

• Posted

I have vision issues,going to ask my doc about an mri.
    • Posted

Thank you,no one gets how unerveing eye issues are unless they experiance them. Good luck Allen. Still keep is up to date. Xx
    • Posted

Couldnt agree more, Lee. Ive alctually developed severe anxiety over the last year. Hard for others to comprehend the impact of eye issues and worries. Im trying to read some books on PMA etc and live in the moment rather than my mind racing ahead etc...
  • Posted

Hi Allen

so sorry to hear about your diagnosis but keep the faith they are doin great research into MS and other complaints. I suppose try take one day at a time, easier said than done, I know. I hope that keeping in touch on the forum will give you some tiny bit of solace and maybe others will have valueable information to share with you.

Trip...

• Posted

Hi allen   so sorry to hear about yor eye issuesm but at least a disagnosis was done so now it get the necessary treatment.  i know eye problems cab get ibe very depressed at times but please do noy allow yourself to get depressed being positive goes a long way in helping our health problems get cured  Just hang on in there, i believe all of us are praying this eye problems get fixed. 
  • Posted

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is apart of this potential MS diagnosis or not... 

As of a few days ago I received new, weird symptoms, appearing in both eyes but still the worst in the same eye my initial problem existed in. 

Both eyes are now looking through what seems to be heatwaves, long term that is. Depending on my lighting, I can see things pulsating at me, as well as rotating. These are all vision distortions, and the quality of my vision otherwise is highly unaffected. Also depending on lighting, I will also see a fan effect on light sources such as a candle light on a wall or something; it's like seeing the shadow of a high spinning fan flickering in my eyes, with it appearing more strongly in the already bothered eye. 

This started happening a few days ago, and I'm not sure if it's due to my heightened anxiety or if it's due to another issue. Ironically, I also received strong pains in my stomach and chest like I received heartburn or an ulcer, and I'm also having symptoms of sickness, such as pressure in head, hurting ears, and sore throat. I'm due to receive the steroid treatments starting Monday, but is this vision problem something MS related? 

• Posted

Hi allen,i have much of your symptoms after multiple exams and an OCT test my eye doc seemed not concerned,i hope hes right as i get these daily,started in Sept. I have posterior vitreous detachment in both eyes,dry eyes and anxiety.
    • Posted

MRI has confirmed it, neurologist has ran a spinal tap and so far everything is checking out as if I'm not badly injured. Blood work came back, and apparently I don't have any other autoimmune disease. However the test is still going, and they are going to be more specific as of now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.