What is this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys

So for about 8 months or ao now i have been experiencing these really strange sensations i get palpitations all the time and sometimes tightness in my chest orshooting pains. 

When i try to go to sleep i get this really strange feeling like my heart is really slow and im about to pass out aswel as palpitations. 

I also feel like if i exercise that night when i go to bed the symptoms feel worse.

I suffer from anxiety and i have had an ecg and a 24hr holter monitor but i juat dont feel like anxiety is causing this. Can any1 offer any advice of what it could be or what other tests to push for? 

Thankyou so much iv got a little girl and i worry so much that so something serious is wrong like heart disease or heart failure. 

Xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Star,

I'm not an expert so this is just friendly advice through my own experiences from my son.

My son who Is 9 years old with a heart condition also suffers with anxiety, he also complained of what you are saying. Especially around bed time, so could possibly be anxiety but if you are not convinced ask your GP for your bloods to be checked and a referral for an echogram. This might put your mind at rest.

Also try joining anxiety groups you might find other people are experiencing the same.

I hope you get it all sorted 😊

• Posted

I am hoping it is anxiety. So aorry to hear ur son is so young and unwell. Is the anxiety caused because he has heart problems? Xxx
    • Posted

The professionals have said it is but im not 100% convinced as I think it's an easy option to blame the underlying health condition!! I think it has contributed but at the age of 9 children become more aware of the world and life.

Anyway I hope you do get some answers...if you so please update us 👍

• Posted

What heart condition does he suffer with?  Im just wonderingif it could be a heart condition causing my anxiety xxx
  • Posted

Hi Star586.

I would thlnk that if the tests you have done don't show up anything then I would suggest your heart SHOULD be ok.

Personnel question alert.

Are you female and I know I should not ask. But how old are you?

The reason I ask, is my wife had similar symptoms. And the results from a battery of tests was it they put it down to a combination of work stress and the old war horse......." the change

She was 47 when it started. She tried all the hrt but it didn't suit her so she just learned to deal with it in other ways. Life was........interesting. for a while but the palpitations and dizzy spells and chronic acid stomachs did stop.

I don't want to make light of the problem but that's what happened to us.

Do hope you get sorted. It's difficult. The symptoms increase the stress levels... which make the symptoms worse . Hope all goes well

Kim

• Posted

Hi yes i am female and 28

I do think it might be related to anxiety snd im hoping that it is. 

Im glad ur wife is ok xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.