What is this?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, 

After reading the forum about heartburn and GERD, I am a bit confused because my symptoms do not really match. Currently i experience a

1) sour/bitter taste in my mouth almost 24/7

2)very occasional choking feel in the the throat

3)fluid when i lie down flat. The fluid is sometimes mild burning and sometimes not.

May I know if there is any expert who knows anything about this?Is it really GERD? I am a bit worried to get any medicine because I read that they are life long medication.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes you have Gerd. You will be on PPIs for life. You may be able to reduce the dosage over time, but you will have to take them daily. 
    • Posted

I don’t think he has GERD, I think he has LPR. Many people have weaned off PPI’s

through diet alone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.