What is this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've felt this in the past and now I'm feeling it again. I've noticed that after eating something fried like French fries I become bloated for a while, but I still have bowel movements and chest tightness. I had this before but I wound up going to the hospital due to blood clots at the end of January with this as a symptom. I've been checked since then and my doc thinks that I don't have a clot, but could this be due to a food intolerance or allergy?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You don't say how old u are or any other info?? Also do u think this problem is related to your blood clots??

You really do need to discuss this gastric issue with your dr and have some tests done, it could be so many things, also try leaving out french fries for while!

regards

• Posted

Cut out French fries to see if you feel better and ask to see a gastroenterologist.

• Posted

ok. but it's been a couple days. I had Wendy's on Monday and McDs on Tuesday.

• Posted

It can take time for the effects of a food intolerance to calm down. Stick to bland, home cooked food that is not rich, greasy or spicy Processed food is not good for the gut. Avoiding these foods will tell you if it is food intolerance because if you feel better without these foods but your symptoms come on after eating them, then this would suggest a connection. If still worried, see your doctor.

• Posted

I'm feeling better now. not as bloated or anxious. definitely think the culprit is French fries. one of the culprits at least

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.