What is this!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

please help!! this is on my vagina and its so incredibly painful, if feel as if there maybe more sores inside aswell, i went to the doctors and they said a skin infection, and put me on antibiotics and an antibiotic cream, but ive been using it for the past 3 days and there has been no change

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hello,it's good that you already went to see a doctor,and doctors diagnosis should always be respected more than any of our comments.

sometimes bacterial infections tend to be difficult to heal so please do not be worried or stressed and wait to see how the medication would affect it. keep us with your updates 😃

• Posted

actually not all doctors are correct in their diagnoses! especially when it comes to herpes or sexual health! considering the doctor didnt offer a swab of the sores i would be going else were for advice!

i have a medical background and found that people who actually live and deal with herpes daily have the best advice and experience!

so some comments from people here actually do really help!

• Posted

looks so sore! What was happening around the time you first noticed it?

did they swab it for you?

• Posted

terribly painful! at first i thought it was an ingrown hair, but it got worse and more painful, hence the doctors trip, and no, they didnt do any swabs

• Posted

if i was you id get swabs done! it could be a outbreak!

by now they should be clearing up!

have you had a new partner or unprotected sex recently! sorry for the question! if you feel comfortable you can mail me! x

• Posted

its fine, yes i have, to both questions and they dont feel like they are clearing at all, in fact the pain is so horrendous it feels like its getting worse.

• Posted

poor thing! if its herpes it will be brutal but it gets so much better after some antivirals!

i hope you get some today as well as some answers x

• Posted

It's possibly herpes, so make sure you get swab tested. You should probably force the issue with the next doctor your see by strongly asking for anti-virals against the herpes virus, as there's probable enough cause that this is the nature of the infection as you said you've had unprotected sex recently with a new partner recently, and this does resemble a classic herpes outbreak. The anti-viral medication should help speed help healing and overall reduce the symptoms of a herpes outbreak.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.