What is this I'm desperate for help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had this since the beginning of february. Although I have had this before last time it followed a very bad 48hr ferry crossing. This time I had a cold before I developed it...but no ferry involved.

I feel as though I am walking on a boat bobbing on the sea. If I bend or change direction I feel as though I might fall. At the beginning I could hardly walk from one side of room to another. At the beginning I had really bad headaches which were disabling. These lasted for two weeks. I am alot better but still have an on the boat sensation.

I have recently had a calorific test came back normal although computer did pack in and the lady said she would estimate!!??!! As I had a test were I had to follow a light up and down side to side and I passed. I have had a hearing test which was normal and I also have had a full blood count all normal.

Any ideas ??ent said come back in 6 months..But I want to take this into my own hands I bit more as I can't just wait a further 6 months with no investigations or change in treatment as it really gets me down the constant feeling of this.

Would be really grateful for any suggestions ??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did they say if you had fluid in your ears?

A lot of us here also have this feeling with normal test results so don't feel alone.

• Posted

They didn't say I had fluid in my ears I have to constantly pop my ears by blowing down my nose while I pinch it. I think this is block sinuses.
  • Posted

Look into mal de debarquement. Usually goes away on its own. I've had it awhile but I'm sort of the exception. Do you feel better while riding in a car? If so could be mal de debarquement.
    • Posted

Yes I do feel better in the car if I sit at the front it's the only time I get respite
  • Posted

Go to,the Veda website. vestibular Disorders associaion and dig around in there. Thats how. Educated myself on my own conditon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.