What is this illness? Can't breathe and no mental or physical energy.

Posted , 2 users are following.

So about two months ago, after just moving to southern Washington, I noticed after a night of having a few drinks that my heart rate was up. Breathing is usually hard for me after drinking too much but this time was particularly hard and my bpm was through the roof over 100. I had to quit working because I couldn't talk to customers and breathe at the same time. I went to the ER that weekend and they said I had a respiratory infection and that I needed to wait until my body fought it off. There was also a covid test which came back negative. Two months later I still can't breathe. When I seen a doctor he did a blood test but did not find any issues, he just recommended I use albuterol and take zyrtec, the first of which makes breathing a hellish nightmare. I've also tried allergy meds to no avail. I've always had a problem where any time I breathe something in, it makes it hard to breathe for a few days and then I'm ok. This time I'm not ok because I moved back home where I don't have issues breathing but I still can't take in a full breath. I have been recording the amount of time it takes to breathe in and it has increased about .50 seconds but I still feel like going to the ER at times. If you have any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get an appointment as soon as possible but I fear it will go down the same path, to a lung function test instead of trying to figure out what's causing these symptoms.

The list of symptoms at their worst are:

BPM over 90 with palpitations

Hyperventilating

Severe shortness of breath

Sleeping 16 hours

Disorientation

Irritability

Slight cough and headache

No appetite

Nausea

Sypmtoms I still have:

Sleeping 12-13 hours

Severe fatigue

Shortness of breath

Irritability

Lack of appetite

Dizzyness

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It seems drinking is the problem and everything you are facing is related to your drinking habits. Drink less.

• Posted

I've been sober as a judge since then, my fatigue has now increased and I'm unable to take care of myself. Blood work came back negative but there is definitely something wrong with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.