What is this in my poop?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hey everyone, so i noticed this the third time in my stool .

The first time i saw it, it was like a round white egg looking thing stuck in my poo and then like a week later, the other day i saw it again and this time it looked like a round yellow egg. And now today I took this picture of my poop and im guessing this the same thing again. Im not sure what these round egg looking things are and im starting to get very scared as I have read online about parasites and worms. But apart from these round things i haven't noticed anything else in my poop so i doubt its worms. But please reply back if you can and if you know what this is please try an explain to me as im getting really worried and im not sure if i should go to the doctors or not. PLEASE HELP.Thank you.

Sorry for the picture I know its not something you wanna see, but I had to put it up to help you get a better idea of what Im talking about. 

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well to be honest, I have no idea why this girl hasn't gone to her GP if she so worried, but that is no worm, so no doubt it will all come good and we will either hear no more about it or all will be revealed....  bags I get a front row seat!!
  • Posted

Hi alisha,

This may be of help to you, but again it is just my thoughts and is not to be taken as what is but I use as an extra on my cereals to help my problem.

I take grape nuts which I buy from my local store a 580g pack and when I pass poo, I notice that there are tiny little yellow dots, now this maybe the nuts that I have mixed in my cereals because when I dont add the nuts I do not have these yellow dots in my poo so, it might be worth writing down on paper what your daily food is, I know that this is a boring thing to have to do but it might help you and stop you worrying but as the other peeps in this forum  have said if you are very scared and worried go and see your GP and take the samples plus photos with you.

hope this has helped 

• Posted

oh no topper not the yello dot syndrome, oh god Hope u sanitised the whole bathroom properly......!!
  • Posted

I am not making light of your situation but it reminded me of our lovely Golden Retriever who used to love birthday parties.   She would chase balloons and grab them    Obviously the balloons didnt enjoy this game so she ate them and produced multi coloured poo for a few days.  The first time she did it we were a bit shocked until we realised the cause.    I hope you have an answer soon
  • Posted

Hi Alicia you have no other symptoms and have no conditions i.e IBS, Crohn's nothing to go on, all you have is this in your feces three times now and how many are there just one each time. It looks like some unsprouted seed to me you could have eaten some kind of health bar that you weren't aware of what was in it and may have a problem digesting that one component. If you have no other symptoms and can't afford to go to a doctor or can't afford the long wait I would at least make an appointment for as soon as possible and wait for it to happen again and save it like the others say.
  • Posted

Alisha i had a lot of strange things happen one day and i had a whie ...toothpaste white...`egg` but it was the size of an actual egg.

I am not saying it`s the same as you but all the other weird stuff that happened at the same time was all causedd by one thing...Vitamin B12 deficiancy....folic acid 5mg was prescribed to me which gave me awful side effects like insomnia and even hallucinations but it cured all the weird things. Ask your doc to test your b12/folate/iron levels you never know. It`s a weird thing to happen and thats what it was with me. Good luck. Jimmy.

• Posted

Did you find out what is causing it? I'm having the same problem now I'm pretty scared.

• Posted

Ashley,

Did you ever find anything out about this?

Thank you, Dawn

• Posted

Hello Alisha,

Did you ever find out what this was?

Thank you, Dawn

• Posted

To me it looks like undigested food particles which is common with IBS.  Try a food diary to see what foods are causing this.
  • Posted

Sometimes food doesn't digest properly and it can happen with people who have IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.