What is this lump in my eye?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I noticed this lump in my eye and its painful for a week and a half. I also keep getting blurry vision at times.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I am not a doctor, but this looks exactly like my lacrymal cyst, ( which, by the way took several different doctors visits, before I got a diagnosis!) Talk about frustrating!! One doctor wanted me to go for an MRI, which, I didn't, thank goodness!

Anyway, bet that's what it is, and I was told the only way to rid it, was surgery. This wasn't an option for me, so I've been treating it with organic apple cider vinegar. This is not for the faint of heart, as it stings like crazy, but it has kept the swelling down. What I do, is take a qtip dip it in the vinegar, run it under water to dilute, and gently rub on cyst. I do this daily, and I can honestly say, it hasn't bothered me much. It only swelled up once or twice since, and that was when I didn't get enough sleep the night before.

Best of luck!

• Posted

Hi,

I am not a doctor, but this looks exactly like my lacrymal cyst, ( which, by the way took several different doctors visits, before I got a diagnosis!) Talk about frustrating!! One doctor wanted me to go for an MRI, which, I didn't, thank goodness!

Anyway, bet that's what it is, and I was told the only way to rid it, was surgery. This wasn't an option for me, so I've been treating it with organic apple cider vinegar. This is not for the faint of heart, as it stings like crazy, but it has kept the swelling down. What I do, is take a qtip dip it in the vinegar, run it under water to dilute, and gently rub on cyst. I do this daily, and I can honestly say, it hasn't bothered me much. It only swelled up once or twice since, and that was when I didn't get enough sleep the night before.

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.