What is this lump in my upper abs? + Ab and stomach discomfort

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a 26 year old male. I don't currently take any medications. I do take supplements like Zinc(20-30mg daily), Magnesium(62-125mg nightly), Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, melatonin(5mg nightly), selenium(100-200 mcg nightly), protein shakes and BCAAs if this matters at all.

I've been experiencing symptoms of stomach(feels like intense bloating and nausea) and abdominal discomfort(occasional pinching feeling or feeling like something is rubbing/pushing against my stomach) and I suspect that this lump may have something to do with it. My doctors don't know what it is. The CT Scans and Ab Ultrasounds didn't show a hernia. I already had an endoscopy and colonoscopy done and nothing showed up. This started happening August of last year(2018) when I suddenly felt a convulsing feeling in my stomach and had bad nausea. These symptoms come and go, but when it comes it stays for like a week and I have to lie down the whole time.

The symptoms seem to come 2-3 days after doing certain lifts at the gym(squats, deadlifts, overhead press to name a few). The lump is only visible when I flex my abs and is more visible some times more than others. When I flex it goes up and out like in this image. It is less visible in this image than on some other times. It feels almost like a middle ab sometimes. I've always had this lump so I may be wrong that it has anything to do with my symptoms but the symptoms do seem to travel along with this lump.

The doctors told me that there is nothing surgical they can do to fix this and they have no idea what is going on with me nor do they know what this lump is. The symptoms are keeping me from seeking employment at the moment.

Images > https://imgur.com/a/ZdxCu7i

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Stop taking the supplements. They are not regulated by the Federal Drug Administration and doctors do not recommend them. Instead consult a registered dietition who can give you a daily menu consisting of foods that contain all the nutrients you need.

• Posted

Protein shakes and body building supplements can cause lumps on the breast so maybe they can cause lumps elsewhere. Maybe you are allergic to something you are taking which is causing the stomach bloating and pain. Cut out a supplement for a couple of weeks, see if the bloating stops. Then do the same with each thing you are taking every couple of weeks to find out which one may be causing the problem.

• Posted

I didn't start taking those supplements until 4 months after the symptoms started. The only exception was the protein and vitamin D

• Posted

Hi kevn3000

Too much exercise can cause stomach problems. When we exercise too much we release too much cortisol from our adrenals and this can cause gastro problems. Get your cortisol levels checked...image

• Posted

Not sure it has much to do with the supplements or exercise Back in 08 I noticed a lump by my belly button It was hard and the docs could feel it but tests could not find it I was in emergency room many times Finally I gave up Now in 2019 I have lumps all over my abdomen They still don't know Going thru tests now Don't give up Some things can only be seen on an MRI I had one years ago for my neck It showed I have an enlarged Thyroid Nobody believes me now even though they can clearly feel the lump But Ct and other tests don't show it Drives me crazy I hope you find an answer I have the issues that come and go Wish I'd kept at it Good luck

• Posted

I honestly don't think supplements have anything to do with it either. I copied this from when I posted it on reddit because the sub reddit had special rules.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.