What is this pain? 8 months after laposcopic surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is a long story... but I need help please!!! Here goes: Back in March 2019, I had my appendix removed laposcopilly ... but not through my belly button. the surgeon did not want to go near that area due to a mesh so he asked if he could make an insertion on the right side. I agreed. I got through the surgery and was discharged the next day.

A few days after the surgery, I felt the worst possible pain ever: felt like a bunch of nerves being held together stabbed together. Using my stomach muscles was pure heck. I went back to him and he gave me neurotin. It helped and I thought things were going back to normal. 3 months after the surgery, I had to have my annual colonoscopy (unfortunately I get precancerous polyps and I am only 38). 2 days after the colonoscopy the pain returned at the incision site .....along with massive bloating now. I thought it was a GI issue but my GI Dr did every test, including an upper endoscopy, and l tried every IBS med he gave me. no difference. We then figured out that it must be nerve pain.

Neurology Dr said it was a GI issue and to go back to GI Dr (there was nothing left to do!). I went to ER 4 times over this - supposedly CT scan and stay showed nothing. My blood pressure got super high due to pain so now I am on bp meds.

I went to a pain clinic lately. They put pain shots about 1/8 inches up from the incision site. The pain and bloating stopped. It's been 30 days and shot worn off. Getting another pain shot tomorrow. Planning to have da vinci robotic surgery to figure out what's going on near Christmas. However this driving me crazy - what could this be?????? Thank you for reading and any help you can provide.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Schedule Your Flight to Land in Late Afternoon or Early Evening

Get a Good Night's Rest. It can be just as important as making sure you remain properly hydrated.

• Posted

huh? Mark your response makes no sense. I did not mention anything about flying....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.