What is this?? (Pics)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Today I experienced mild itching in my vagina. Mainly along the skin around the opening. I'm not sure if this is normal but I noticed the skin around the opening is a little darker than the rest. It also appears to be a little bit bumpy. Not sure if the white discharge is my normal discharge, or if it could potentially be a yeast infection. I recently started getting cold sores on my lips, so I'm trying to rule out the possibility of genital herpes. I currently do have cold sore and am treating it with acyclovir.imageimageimage

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Dear dg,

I think you may be referring to Fordyce spots, which are collections of sebaceous (oil) glands usually situated on the inner labia. The right side (your right) demonstrates these quite well (see below).

These spots can feel bigger or more prominent if the area is inflamed, as in the case of thrush that you may have recently experienced. Nothing to worry about.

Rgds,

Adhari

• Posted

Hi Adhari, thanks for your reply! I'm going to get some yeast infection medication tomorrow to help with the irritation. In the picture, on the upper middle part, by where you wrote "fordyce spots" there appear to be some bumps. Could these bumps be fordyce spots as well? Is there anything I can do to treat them or it's just something that happens?

• Posted

Good Morning I hope you don't mind me answering the questions but I think you have a yeast infection please have it check as soon as you can.

Everything else looks normal....Ken

• Posted

Hi Ken, thank you for your reply! I will definitely be getting some medication to treat the yeast infection tomorrow. Thank you again!

• Posted

That is great. I think that is best.

Take care...Ken

• Posted

Hi,

The small bumps you are referring to are also sebaceous glands, but don't quite fall into the category of Fordyce spots as the latter have characteristic features. They are all normal.

Adhari

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.