What is this rash?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had this for quite some time. It started out on my arms & stomach but now I get it mostly on my legs & feet especially. It is incredible itchy & the bumps go away. I went to the dermatologist who told me it was from drying out my skin but that does not sound right to me. I have been using dove sensitive skin body wash & all sensitive skin detergent but it has not lightened up any. I have considered scabies, eczema, bed bugs, contact dermatitis etc but have no idea what it could be. It is miserable!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to add these pictures
  • Posted

I am pretty sure you have scabies.  I see a burrow line on your foot in one of the pictures.  That is a big indicator along with the horrible itch and bumps.  My family member is going through the same thing and every Dr. keeps saying it's drug eruption.   He had 2 punch biopsies done, nothing showed.  He finally found a highly recommended dermatologist who listened and recoginized the symptoms and is now treating him with Permethrin cream 5%.  They may have found a mite piece in one of the scrapings and is being sent to the lab for confirmation.  It's hard to get someting on the scraping or punch, so it can be missed.  The cream will not hurt you.  Best to go on it and see.  Can't hurt.  Go see a Dr. right away and show the pictures.  You need to get on this medicine or you will forever have this rash and it will spread to loved ones in your household.  They call it the 7 year itch for a reason.  Also, if you did any traveling 4-6 weeks prior to the rash, tell the Doctor.  You can get it from hotels.  Or if you work in a nursing home, prison, daycare or hosptial, you are at risk for this too.  You can be the cleanest person in the world and get it without knowing it.  It's crazy!  I am so sorry you are going through this.  You are in my prayers.  Good luck.  I hope the Dr. listen.  
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. I thought this too but I know a couple other people who are having the same problem and their results came back negative for scabies. I have not been tested myself but my dermatologist assured me this is not what I have. He had given me some Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream but it has not done anything for me. I do work at a school with kids so I may have picked it up there but I did not notice it until July. The strange thing is that it has not spread anywhere other than my feet.
    • Posted

My cousin's biopsies were negative too but a new doctor treated it anyways to see, and so far he's doing better. Fingers crossed. Still have one more treatment to go. I do see characteristics (burrow lines) on your pictures, 3 marks in a row but not sure in a couple areas. If it spreads ask for the treatment and see if it helps. Good luck.
  • Posted

Did you ever find out what your rash was caused by?  Is it gone now? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.