What is this rash??

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had a pink, itchy rash all over my body for the past few days. It started around the back of my armpits and spread to my lower back, hips, neck and stomach. The next day it started showing up on my thighs. Now it's on my knees and feet. It will clear up in some areas and then show up on different areas, and then clear up in those places and show back up in the previous places where it had cleared up, sometimes it will be on all areas at once. I've never had a problem with rashes before so it's kind of freaking me out that it's all over my whole body. I've had really bad allergies for the past few weeks (runny/stuffy nose, itchy/watery eyes).. Could that be causing the rash? It looks like maybe it could be hives but I've never been allergic to anything before and I haven't changed my diet or soaps that I'm using..

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

OMG chronic idiopathic urticaria, our histamine receptors.  I somehow got it too after 60 years all of a sudden it showed up and for four months it has been spreading everywhere on my body as it clears up a little- it comes out again. My entire hand, fingers and arm blow up so bad, then my ear, my eyes, my back and neck. A large bump on my forehead. I am miserable. I've even got xolair shots and it's not helping. It attacked my heart thought I was having a massive heart attack now I have tachycardia. Steroids work but as soon as I stop them it comes back with a vengeance. Avoid aspirin, anti inflammatory, Alene and Motrin. It all inflames this. 

• Posted

I feel for you we sure need a support team for this people don't understand either because they only see us when were ok and i'm sure some people think i complain for nothing but i wish some of them could live in my shoes for a month.  I'm getting the zolair soon i havent heard to many success stories so far it's discouraging but the doc said it has helped many maybe ill be one of them and im also going to continue low histamine as that brings inflamation down 

• Posted

I've had two xolair shots so far and it's no help so far!  I'm so discouraged. 

• Posted

Thank you for that info, I just started the low histamine diet, since I started reading this website.  I just left the doctor, I'm so bad he put me back on Steroirds, they clear me right up but as soon as i stop it comes back with a vengence.  I'm ready to just die..

• Posted

Mine is flaring up as I write this now. It always seems to be much worse at night time. I guess we all share the frustration and pain, because no one can really understand how bad it is unless they have a reaction themselves....
    • Posted

I feel your pain mine is very close to my eyes now. 
    • Posted

I had that and I went to an infectologist and he gave me acyclovir on my vain, so I feel better. The problem is if goes to your eyes and brain. On my case was herpes.
    • Posted

Trust me I know how you feel, it's awful to feel this way. I already told the doctor that I'm allergic to steroids because I'm so sick of taking that and getting fat.

I found out that my allergies was from herpes do I'm getting the right treatment now but my head hurts like hell

• Posted

OMG, I feel so bad for you, believe me I know.   I'm running out but feel free to reach out to me anytime you need to talk.

• Posted

I just wish i could at least meat someone going through the same as me so we can call each other for encouragement but so far i have'nt come across anyone 

• Posted

This is the most horrible disease ever and I feel your pain.  My doctor had to put me back on sreroids today it started to move into my eyes.  I'm beside myself with the itching.  I just got home but have to run out again. I'm always in and out but will always answer my cell if I'm not busy.  

Hang in there. 

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I think that you should go to a infectologist to make sure is not herpes or something else.

Just get the right treatment because I know for a fact that by taking everything can be hard on your stomach.

• Posted

It's urticaria I got. Xolair injections and it went away and has t come back. Thank God. Thanks for sharing ur story

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.