what is this rash? could it be herpes?

Posted , 7 users are following.

has been present for weeks now!! very itchy!:( image here: https://ibb.co/rd21C19

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Emilys,did the GUM clinic take any swabs or do any blood tests,or give you any medication?. If not then it would be a good idea to go to your GP.

I notice that you shave the area very closely and wonder if this is a simple shaving rash and a fungal infection has set in. Try to not shave for a couple of weeks and use a small amount of Canesten ointment containing clotrimazole. You should be able to buy a 1% cream at the chemist.

You dont say whether the itching involves the inside of the vagina. If so try a Canesten tablet. Otherwise just use the cream on the affected a rea but if it makes it worse,then stop immediately and see your doctor.

• Posted

at the clinic the dr did an examination and she took some swabs for BV / thursh and also looked at a sample under a microscope and couldnt determine the cause! i also did chlamydia swab & blood test for HIV / syphillis etc , waiting on results but last tests all came back clear! going mad trying to work out what it is!! its very itchy but doesnt affect the vagina (inside). also i hadnt shaved at all since it began 7 weeks ago!! so it cant be that! thanks for the advice

• Posted

this definitely does not look like herpes. its good you went to get checked out but looks like an allerigic reaction to a shaving product or something along the lines of a dermititis. let us know what they say!

• Posted

this does not look like an std to me at all. i would see a dermatologist- this looks like something strictly skin related. hope you feel better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.