what is this slit above my vagina????

Posted , 4 users are following.

so within the past few months, every week or 2 i'll get this slit above my clit it looks like a paper cut above my clit and it's painful and it comes and then goes away for like a week or a few weeks them comes back. i went to the obgyn not too long ago and i was tested for stds and all that and i'm clear on everything, i'm also a very clean person i take a shower everyday and wash my vagina thourougly with water. i just wanna know what this is and how to get rid of it permanently!!!! i'm 17 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would not wash the area too much. Put vit e oil on it 3-4times a day and dont let it get too dry
  • Posted

I know it only looks like a small cut but I know how painful even the tiniest cut can be in that area. It may be due to some dry skin or dermatitis in that area which it causing the skin to split. Don't wear tight jeans or trousers. Wear loose clothing and, like SharPharmD said frequently apply some oil. Try virgin, cold pressed, organic coconut oil. It has anti fungal and antibacterial properties. You could also try a little diluted tea tree oil (don't use it neat, dilute in another oil such as sunflower oil). You can add tea tree oil to your bath water - that is what women do after child birth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.