What is this spot next to my navel? Liver spot or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

A couple of years ago I noticed a brownish spot appeared next to my belly button. A friend told me it was probably just an age spot / liver mark (although I am 20). Yesterday, I noticed it was flaking off and itchy. Today, it looks like this. Reddish but white in the middle. I'm really concerned and have been anxious over this since last night. Does anyone know what this could be?? (The redness around my navel has been there for a while too.)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

To ease your mind, I would get it checked out by your doctor.  It's probably nothing, but you'd feel better knowing exactly what it isn't.
  • Posted

P.S.  Especially if you've had it for a few years -  a dermatologist could certainly assess it and rule out anything serious.
  • Posted

I'm not a doctor, but your skin reflects your inner health. You could take dandelion tincture to see if it helps clean out your liver. The color may disappear. Drink lots of fluids. Dandelion tea is bitter, but it cleans you. You can pick them from you own yard as long as there is no chemical spray!  The root is more potent. You can make your own tincture.

If you use homeopathy, dandelion is taraxacum. Then, you don't have to deal with the flavor! I would use taraxacum 200x every other day or 30x three times a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.