what is this? yeast infection? BV? PLEASE HELP

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just finished my 2nd prescription of metronidazole today. i have also received fluconazole treatment 2x, all with no result. I have a problem with my discharge, i posted earlier and in more detail about it in the BV forum group. for some background info im 17 years old, never been sexually active. My boyfriend comes down to see me in about a week and im clueless of what to do about this discharge problem. It is white and thick, and kind of grainy? I would not describe it as clumpy as there are no large clumps, just odd bits. it has a pungent, but not strong, sour smell. It tastes very sour too. I will attach a pic. someone had suggested it might be a yeast infection which is why im posting this. however i have no other symptoms such as burning, itching, or redness. the discharge also doesnt leave any marks, only noticable when i check with my finger. What can I do to make this go away within a week??? i have been to the doctor several times with no result

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey Lilli, when you went to the doctors what did they do? Were tests/swabs actually carried out or just a visual exam?

• Posted

yes I had a few tests done. I was first told I had BV, then went back for another and told I had thrush. I went back again and they said they didnt find any infection, and that I should just do another course of metronidazole to get rid of the BV.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.