What Is True About Lice

Posted , 1 user is following.

My friends oldest daughter had headlice I wasn't aware of this until I went with them to pick her up. I didn't touch her but the mom did. I was in close contact with the mother afterr she found lice on one of her smaller kids. I was checked and. had only dandruff but my head has been itching I haven't seen anything but Im scared that I passed it. Mind you I have put vinegar mayo and tons of conditioner on my head I talked to a lice expert and she said it didn't sound like it but Imm not so sure any advice would be welcome.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi dianne66115, only hearing about head lice and even reading about it at the moment can make one scratch one's head. It is as contagious as watching someone yawn. If you were checked then you are fine. 

• Posted

You talked to a head lice expert and had it checked. I doubt there is anything anyone on this forum can say that will make you feel sure.

If you are still worried then get some lice treatment gel like Hedrin and leave it on for 15 min.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.